Sometimes, I ask myself, why why why am I such a genius.
During dinner just now, while zoning out, I thought of another family portrait 10x more obnoxious than my previous idea (refer to the blog post before this). The idea was so great (and funny) that I found it really hard to wipe that smile off my face, looking like a fool, smiling alone.
I tried and tried, and I looked even more of a fool trying to mask that upward smile with a frown. (It's really ugly, ask Li)
So I decided to tell my mother.
Me: Mak, wouldn't it be nice if I painted a family portrait?
My mother: Family portrait? Oh, ok, then we can hang it in the living room! *big smile*
Me: Mm, yes, I'll paint you and Papa sitting down........ with a very big Pokme.
My mother: *instant frown* What?! I don't want that horrible cat!
Me: Pokme on your lap. Pokme on both your laps, a very long Pokme.
Amir (my brother): In her weird poses.
My mother: Taruk dia jauh jauh! Mak tak nak kucing tu! Tak pun buat dia kecik je in a corner. Nampak ekor je.
Afterwards she totally ignored the fact that I wanted to paint my parents and my lovely cat, and said that if I paint the portrait big, she'll hang it in the living room.
For those of you who don't know, my mother absolutely hates cats (since her cat Mang died during her teenage years), especially Pokme. She calls it Kucing Berdosa, and will attempt to kick Pokme everytime she's in her parameters.
As for my father, he is very pasrah about our devotion for that hateful cat. He only loved one pair of cats, and that was Pokme's mother Cikeding, and Cikeding's brother, Kucing Putih.
He used to talk to them during breakfast when no one's listening.
This will be a funny family portrait and I cannot wait to start painting ^___^
朴の木の実
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment