I just thought of a way to totally win back my parent's affection and undying love for me.
As you all probably know, they are trying to get me married and leave the house (read: living room).
BUT FRET NOT, ME, for I le genius have thought of the most evil of all evil plans. Meh heh heh.
So it started off like this, I told my mother that I had quit my job, and there was a smug, puas hati smile on her face and she asked if I got another job already, I said no, but I'll be busy.
Didn't tell her I would like to start painting, but I did frame up one of my drawings for which I got a B+ (highest score I've ever achieved when it comes to art. Srsly.) and my mother refused to hang it on the wall.
I told her I will be famous one day, and she will regret it, and that measly drawing will cost a lot. A lot.
But no, she would rather buy art than hang her precious, talented daughter's artwork. But it's ok.
Because I have thought of this.
I will paint a family portrait... yes. A big one. A very big one. It will cover up this wall in front of me in the living room... perhaps the staircase. Oh yes...
I will paint it in the style of Our Dear Leaders (the diptych I painted for the 3rd Pyongyang International Art Fest in KL).
Picture by Munkao
The family portrait will consist of my parents when they were young, and me as a baby... and none of my other siblings will be in it.
This is so funny, I couldn't and still cannot stop smiling everytime I think about it.
It's so WTF that my brothers and sister will hate me, my parents will probably think WTH as well, BUT IT IS SO FUNNY.
I can imagine their reaction, surprised smiles, my dad will raise an eyebrow, expecting something WTF (he has refused to see my art or even come to my exhibitions since The Best Artshow in the Univers) (He has even rejected me in the face*) and my siblings will smile too...
This should happen preferably during raya when everyone is at home and happy.
Back to the story, I will slowly unwrap the painting, and slowly, my mother's happy face will turn sour, and so will my siblings, my father will probably lower his glasses to see if I really did dare paint an incomplete family portrait.
THIS IS SO FUNNY CAN I JUST BURN AND ROT RIGHT NOW
Absolute, awkward silence, and I will break it by asking if it's nice, what a lovely gift from me to you both, now where shall we hang it.
It will so big, there is no other wall to hang it in but the living room. SO FUNNY.
My closest brother might think it's funny, but he might be hurt as well. The rest of my siblings might plot to have a stabbing party.
SO FUNNY. WTFFF WHY AM I SUCH A GENIUS
*
Me: Papa tak nak tengok tiger ke?
My dad: Tak.
I would like to see this happen... but I worry...
ReplyDeleteBASITU cannot afford to house you...
this makes me feel like we really should have another artshow, and you can show that there...