Tuesday, August 10, 2010

pep talk

Yesterday was a very heavy day. I sink deeper and deeper.
Since last year, I made a pact with myself not to succumb to depression and I've been beating myself blue trying to ignore that comforting, deep royal blue feeling.

And here's a good speech by Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali which sort of sounds exactly like what I tell myself before I jump into things.



Mr. Liston is an old man, he's 30 years old. He has no business being in the same ring with me. I'd like to help that poor man. 
I'd like to give him lessons. Boxing lessons, talking lessons, I'll teach him anything!
But since he's going to fight me, all he needs most is falling lessons.


There have been many instances where I don't think I can do this, and that.
But I am the greatest. And when I want to forget, I will forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment