Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'd rather not.

So recently (read: yesterday), I really wanted some awesome bubur from Chow Kit, but they were closed (berapa lama mak cik tu nak cuti, sial la), and I initially planned to bungkus some and share it with Fairuz who's working in KL for awhile, and I'm sure he gets bored of the food they serve there everyday.

And then I thought, if the porridge is in a plastic bag, how am I suppose to eat it with my friend?
Am I really gonna risk eating hot porridge from a thin PLASTIC BAG?
I think not.

I've been refusing plastic bags since high school when it started cluttering up my table, and the micro plastic bags like the ones you get when you buy a pen or hand sanitizer, are practically useless.
There was a time when I was selling tshirts and my routine would be, fold and hand tshirt to customer, sometimes, they just stand there and smile, prompting me to ask 'Do you need a plastic bag?'
From my observation, they guys wouldn't mind holding it, or stuffing it in their backpacks, but the girls, despite their huge handbags (which were oh-so-in that time), would ask for a plastic bag.
I mean, ok la, maybe you have make-up in your bag, but seriously, your bag is HUGE. It's the length of your bloody abdomen. I usually roll my eyes or raise both eyebrows when I say OK to them.

I have a huge canvas bag with Hermès on it, but it's not original la, my sarcastic friend makes them for money (and fame, of course), and the best part about going on a shopping spree without having to have them in plastic bags is that when you (finally) get home, and turn your bag inside out on your bed, you get to see EVERYTHING you bought that day.
For me, it makes me feel like a cat admiring its kill (rats, birds, cockroaches etc).

Oh yes.
So yeah, and I saw this awhile ago, which is a great way to recycle plastic bags.


So back to the story about the dilemma between me and sebungkus bubur, I have decided to buy a really nice tupperware and everytime I want to bungkus food and eat it at home (or in the car), I'll make them put my food in there.
Material-wise, maybe not plastic kut. Kalau besi, panas pulak... but we'll see la how.

I'm sure my friend, Ayman Aiseyman would applaud me for it. Kenal, tak kenal, we're fighting the same war. Kan? Jah.

And another thing that's been really bothering me about this plastic bag thing especially came to me when Azam and I got lost in Dengkil, where we drove ourselves into a landfill site. It stinks of well, trash of course, and I saw all these plastic bags, with shit in them, and it's all stuck in there. It's fucking disgusting.

Imagine how nice the world would be if those small plastic bags (not the black ones) were replaced with lovely brown paper bags.
Imagine the landfill, instead of having fuckloads of plastic bags, had fuckloads of brown paper bags instead. Hujan pun nanti dia jadi papier-mâché, at least tak takung air.
Innit? Think about it. Really.

In Section 14, PJ, where I used to live, I would often see people parking next to Sungai Penchala (more like longkang), get out of their cars, and dump fucking rubbish into the river/drain.
Seriously, dude, BODOH KE APA, rumah takde tong sampah ke? Fucking BODOH sial.
Once, I even saw a happy old uncle riding a motorcycle, parked, and threw dead rats into the river/drain.

I'm sorry, I won't call myself an enviromentalist or anything, but I just find it fucking annoying that people still don't realise how bad this country is, I mean, rivers look like fucking longkang, rivers deserve to look like rivers. Blue and clear water with pretty fishes and whatnot, not like teh tarik/Milo with fucking trash as fishes.
Nak buat Putrajaya, nak buat KLCC, cantik, besar nak mampos tapi sungai busuk kotor macam I don't know what to say. Sampah siot.

I was at Magick River last year, at the river in front of Antares's house, and my friends and I weren't the only ones there, there were a group of (bukan racist ke apa nak mention their race) Malays there too.
So we were having a nice time, swimming, when I saw some of the Malay guys smoking IN THE BLOODY RIVER.
IN THE BLOODY RIVER where the water could easily just padam your fucking rokok, bodoh sial. But anyway they were smart enough not to smoke it while wading through the rough waters.
The fucked up thing is, when they were done with their cigarettes, they simply flicked it into the river. I'll tell you what Magick River looks like, the water so clear you can see the rocks, and the water is cold, and the scenery is nice with all the trees, and you get these SAMPAH MASYARAKATS throwing their cigarette butts in the river.
The water then flows to a reservoir, and imagine this, everyone knows cigarettes contain shitloads of chemicals meant to kill (be it animals or us humans), and then benda tu terperap dalam air punya lama. EEW.

I felt like bashing their heads on the rocks siot. Fucking bodoh.
Takde gunanya kau nak pakai benda branded, nak kereta mahal, nak fake accents semata mata nak nampak kaya, up, and whatnot kalau kau bodoh enough nak buang sampah macam tu.

No comments:

Post a Comment