Friday, September 4, 2009

c-sep


Fav fav band, she looks funny with straight hair.

I saw my grandpa last Saturday, he was sleeping while we buka, my aunt said he's been surviving on KFC's whipped potato and he refuses to eat homemade fried chicken, prefers KFC's instead.
Reminds me a lot of Benjamin Button.

After buka, I was in the living room, reading, when he was walking around.
He stopped, squinted, and went off.

Saw him watching TV alone, but was too scared to go in his room like I would always do when I feel alianated.
Walked around aimlessly for a minute or two and decided I should just go and sit, and I did.
I could see he was a bit surprised, I was surprised myself.

The TV was turned off.
Asal Koge tak pasang TV?
Bak sini remote.

He watched TV while I read some newspapers, from the corner of my eye I could see him looking at me, at what I was reading, but when I looked at him he pretended to watch TV.
I was a little on the verge of tearing up, thinking he has no idea who I was, when he waved his hand and pointed at his bed. Glove merah Koge, bawak satu je.

I gladly rushed to his bed for his red arm cover, put them on for him and he waved his hand again, meaning he'll do it himself.
I was a bit sad, but still glad nonetheless.
At that point, I concluded that it was his way of being nice to strangers, because we usually have friends coming over to the house and I guess he was used to strangers.

Some Menteri called Yakcop (Yakcob?) was on about the temple relocation when my grandpa said loudly, Dalam banyak banyak menteri, dia paling bagus.
I don't know who Yackop (Yakcob?) is so I didn't respond.

I think that was a start. Ice breaking is always hard, for me at least.
He got bored of the news and watched Jangan Lupa Lirik instead. He didn't laugh, or sing along, or comment on anything. His face was as serious as watching a documentary, or a heavy speech.

Before I left for home, I salam-ed and he didn't pull his hand away.

No comments:

Post a Comment