Wednesday, February 11, 2009

mnyehh

Everyone's been talking about shoes as of late, (well, maybe I'm just surrounded by people who are so into shoes lately, like Hana, Raeesa, Shuz, MM, Pitt and Anna though they don't talk about it online, and the list goes on, and someone very unlikely to be in this list has also suddenly been interested in shoes. Hmm.)
Anyway, I went 'mountain climbing' the other day at Bukit Tabur (someplace at Taman Melawati or something), which took me 5 bleeding hours. I wore my canvas Bata shoes thinking the soles would be enough for the hike, unfortunately, we were faced with some rocks. Vertical rocks, 3 of them, 6 of them, ENDLESS. VERTICAL. ROCKS. I cut my knee so many times :-(

Diag 1: Intellectual looking diagram of Bukit Tabur

At the end of the hike, we realised chitoo was the only one who wore appropriate shoes, which are, of course, hiking boots. The others wore sports and I most unfortunately, canvas shoes.
SO, since I had shitloads of fun (and RedBull) climbing the mountain (which is so big [???] you can actually see it while driving past the Melawati area), I have decided before I climb another hill to invest on pretty hiking boots.
I saw some weird ones:

Those are by Raf Simons, and the de Stijl ones are pretty robotic-looking. Tapi macam cool panjat bukit pakai something so colourful and robotic-inter-galactic (I'm just rhyming).

The de Stijl ones:



Tapak dia macam those sponge slippers you buy for 5 bucks. Boleh caya ke Raf Simons, kasut ni nak bawak hiking?
Dan kasut hiking ni nampak sangat normal tetapi tidak warnanya yang sungguh attention-whore.

Normal looking hiking shoes:

1 comment:

  1. i went hiking on bukit tabur before too, and all i remember is bright orange moss.

    ReplyDelete